Roblox has been out for some time now and it is a very popular game. In fact, it was initially released on 1st September 2006! But just because it has been out for a very long time does not mean that the game is not going to have its problems, as everyone’s system is different. This can lead to all sorts of different crashes, connection issues, or in the case of this guide, an unexpected error.
The message will pop up on your screen when you are trying to play Roblox on your Windows PC or laptop and will say something along the lines of “An Unexpected Error Occured And Roblox Needs To Quit. We`re sorry“, and your game will usually crash.
Below we have put together different methods that you can do that will hopefully fix the unexpected error message that you are receiving when trying to play Roblox games on your Windows computer.
It is important to ensure that your system does meet the Roblox PC minimum system requirements, as if it does not then you are going to run into issues, FPS problems, and it could very well be the reason why you are getting this Roblox PC error.
What If The Methods Don’t Work?
If the below methods do not fix the unexpected error message that you are getting when trying to play Roblox, then ensure that everything on your system is up to date and if everything is then you might need to reset Windows.
Why Am I Getting Unexpected Error When Playing Roblox?
There can be many reasons why you are getting the unexpected error on your PC. It could be that the game which you are trying to play within Roblox has a bug that is causing the game to crash, or it could be one of the game files that are used for the Roblox player has become corrupt. Unfortunately, you will not know the exact cause as it does not give an error code when the error message is displayed.
How To Fix Roblox PC Unexpected Error Message:
Below are the steps for fixing “An Unexpected Error Occured And Roblox Needs To Quit”. After trying each method try launching Roblox and see if it resolved the issue, if it did not then move on to the next method.
1. Restart PC or laptop
This can resolve so many issues, even if it sounds really simple.
2. Try a different game within Roblox
It could be an issue with the game you are currently playing, so try a few different ones within Roblox.
3. Reset Internet Options
- Open your Windows start menu and search and open Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab > Click on Reset…
4. Lower in-game graphics
If your system is struggling with higher graphics then it could cause an unexpected error so lowering them could help:
- Launch Roblox and then enter into a game
- Press ESC or click on the Roblox logo in top left-hand corner and then go to Settings
- Change the Graphics mode to Manual
- Adjust the Graphics Quality
5. Uninstall Roblox
- Open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar and press enter: %localappdata%
- Rename the Roblox folder to something else like Robloxbackup (If the Roblox folder does not exist just uninstall the game)
- Now uninstall Roblox by Right-clicking on the start menu and select Apps and Features > Now search Roblox then select it and uninstall
- Once you have uninstalled the game go ahead and reinstall it on your PC
6. Use a different web browser
If you are using the web browser version of the game then try another browser to see if a particular one is causing you the issue
7. Try the Roblox app version
This only applies if you are using the web browser version of Roblox. If you have already tried different web browsers then try out the Roblox player Microsoft Store version.
There you have it that’s how you can fix the Roblox “An Unexpected Error Occurred And Roblox Needs To Quit” error when trying to play Roblox on your Windows PC or laptop. If this did not help resolve the issue then you could always take a look at our fix Roblox crashing guide for more methods. Also if you did find this guide helpful then we are sure you would like our other gaming guides.