In this guide, we will be taking a look at fixing the graphics driver warning when launching Call Of Duty Warzone on your computer. This error is very common and can happen in games such as Fortnite and Forza on your PC.
Affiliate links may earn us a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase.
The Warzone graphics error will pop up on your screen when you launch the game. You can bypass the warning however, you might end up encountering crashing problems or graphical issues in the Warzone game. So to avoid this I would recommend that you update the driver for your graphics card as soon as possible.
The warning will say something like “GPU driver version. To ensure best performance and functionality, we recommend updating to the latest drivers for your video card“.
I have listed the steps below on how to update your NVIDIA or AMD graphics card driver to the latest version. This will fix the error message saying that your driver is out of date when trying to play Warzone. If you still get the message after updating your Nvidia driver or AMD GPU driver then you might want to consider using DDU to do a clean install of the driver.
Why Update Your Graphics Driver?
There are many benefits to updating your graphics card driver. It can help improve the performance of your GPU making Warzone run faster on your PC and also help increase FPS in-game.
It can also help stop crashes and other issues with Warzone such as the 0xc0000005 error as well as remove any bugs or known issues with the previous driver. This makes your graphics card more stable and also can improve the performance of your Windows operating system.
Is It Free To Update GPU Drivers?
Yes updating your NVIDIA or AMD graphics driver is free and you do not need to pay anything to download and install them. If you are being asked for money then you need to ensure you are getting the driver from NVIDIA actual website or AMD actual website and not a third-party site.
COD Warzone GPU Driver Version Error (Nvidia & AMD)
Below are the steps for fixing the Warzone GPU out of date error message when trying to launch the game.
Check what GPU you have in your PC
Firstly, you will need to know the make and model of your Nvidia video card. If you are unsure then you can check within Device Manager:
- Right-click on the Windows start menu icon > Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapters > You can then view your Graphics card
Update NVIDIA Driver
1. You need to head here to go to NVIDIA website to download the latest driver for your GPU
2. Select your graphics card from the list > Once you have found your GPU download the driver
3. You can now run the setup and follow the onscreen steps
4. You will have the option to install GeForce Experience alongside the driver
5. When you get to the Installation Options you can select Custom or Express (Express is recommended) > Press Next
6. Once finished go ahead and restart your computer and you will no longer receive the outdated driver warning message when launching Warzone on your PC
Update AMD Driver
1. Go to the AMD website
2. Select your graphics card from the list and download the latest driver
3. Once downloaded run the setup file
4. Follow the on-screen steps to install the AMD driver
5. Once finished restart your computer
I hope the above helped get rid of the GPU Driver Version error in Call Of Duty Warzone. It’s really important to ensure that you keep your graphics driver up to date! not only can it help improve the FPS in your games, it can also help resolve many known bugs and crashing issues with previous drivers. If you found this guide helpful then we are sure you would like our other gaming guides.
Check out the video tutorial here on how to FIX COD Warzone GPU Driver Version Error (Nvidia), if you are getting stuck.