Roblox Keeps Giving Black Or Blank Screen On PC
How To Fix Roblox Giving Black Or Blank Screen
In this post, we will be taking a look at fixing a problem in Roblox that’s giving you a black or a blank screen on your PC or laptop.
This can be within the Roblox menu, or as soon as you join into a game your Roblox game just goes black!
There can be many reasons why you are encountering this problem but hopefully, one of the methods below will fix the problem.
How To Fix Roblox Black Screen On Computer:
1. Update Graphics Card drivers – This is the most important thing to do and this can work wonders when it comes to graphical issues and will hopefully sort the black or blank screen issue you are experiencing in Roblox
2. Run Roblox as an administrator – If you are using the web browser version:
- Open the start menu and seach for “Roblox” > Right-click “Open file location“
- Right-click Roblox Player shortcut > Properties > Compatability > Tick “Run this program as an administrator” > Press Apply and OK
3. Disable any programs that use overlay – Programs like Discord, GeForce Experience, Msi Afterburner, Web Browsers, etc
4. Close down all background programs – Especially streaming programs or apps because if you are streaming music, videos, gameplay streams, etc while you are playing Roblox then your GPU will be getting used to support those programs as well as your Roblox game, which could be what’s causing the black screen and problems
5. Change & check the video cable you have plugged into your display – The cable you currently have plugged in could be faulty or loose
6. If you have overclocked your graphics then remove the overclock settings – This could have an effect on causing problems with Roblox
7. Change Roblox to Window Mode instead of Fullscreen:
- Launch a game in Roblox if you can > Click on the Roblox icon in the top left-hand corner
- Click “Settings” and toggle Fullscreen to “Off“
8. Lower the graphics in a Roblox game – If you can get into a game change the graphics to the lowest setting and slowly work your way up until you get the issue again as if your graphics are too high and your graphics card is struggling it can then go black or blank on you:
- Launch Roblox > Launch the game you want to play > Press ESC or the Roblox icon in the top left-hand corner
- Click on Settings > Change Graphics Mode to Manual > Press the – (minus) and + (plus) on the Graphics Quality to adjust to your preferred setting
9. If you are using the Roblox App then do a reset – Just be warned this will delete the app’s data and you will need to sign back into the Roblox app:
- Right-click the start menu > Open “App and Features” > In the search box type “Roblox“
- Now select Roblox and click “Advanced options” > Now click “Reset“
Hopefully one of the above methods has helped fixed your Roblox game on your PC or laptop. If you are still having issues with the game then you might need to reinstall it.
If Roblox does not work after a reinstall then you might need to reset Windows 10. However, when it comes to black or blank screens when launching games the problem usually is caused by the graphics drivers so we would recommend you try installing the drivers again or some older ones.